Introduction to Aquaponics Training Class:
When: Saturday, May 5th 9:00 – 11am
Where: “Concho” system in Mansfield, TX
Cost: $30 per person (Classes are limited to 10 people)
* The advantages of Aquaponics in the Urban Environment.
* Different type of Aquaponic systems available.
* Basic system operation.
* The Nitrogen Cycle and how it works in Aquaponics.
* What is needed to operate an Aquaponic System.
* What are the parts of an Aquaponic System?
* What are the advantages and disadvantages?
* Is an Aquaponic System right for my home? Apartment?
* Options for your system in terms of fish and plants
* Day to day operations: feeding, temp, water quality
* Harvesting times for fish and plants
There will also be a Tour of the Concho system in operation at the class location. This system is a 300 gallon FT with 2 large growbeds (~4’x8′).
All attendees with leave with a copy of our Introduction to Aquaponics handbook and reference guide.
*** If there is enough interest, I will repeat this class from 11-1pm ***