Introduction to Aquaponics Training Class:
Where: “Sunrose” system in Farmers Branch
Cost: $30 per person (Classes are limited to 8 people)
To register — please send an RSVP email to greenphoenix (@) greenphoenixfarms.com to confirm your space. The location address will be emailed with your confirmation.
Information Covered: This 2-hour class is designed to give a general introduction to Aquaponics and will cover a number of topics. A partial list of subjects covered is:
* The advantages of Aquaponics in the Urban Environment.
* Different type of Aquaponic systems available.
* Basic system operation.
* The Nitrogen Cycle and how it works in Aquaponics.
* What is needed to operate an Aquaponic System.
* What are the parts of an Aquaponic System?
* What are the advantages and disadvantages?
* Is an Aquaponic System right for my home? Apartment?
* Options for your system in terms of fish and plants
* Day to day operations: feeding, temp, water quality
* Harvesting times for fish and plants